Unmatched transactions keep the mismatched date

Options

There's a very painful glitch in your programming. Please send this string to product development to fix it.

If I "unmatch" a transaction that's downloaded, it keeps the original "mismatched" date.

Say it's a $1,000 deposit yesterday (just downloaded) and there was a $1,000 deposit on the 1st. I "unmatch" it, accept it (or all transactions) and now my register shows two $1,000 deposits back on the 1st and nothing yesterday. Even if, as I'm unmatching it, I change the date to yesterday and then "accept" it, it still shows back on the 1st.

I get several small deposits (sometimes as many as 5 in a week) that are the exact same amount. I can't be going back through to figure if it mismatched a transaction from week ago, or a month ago, etc. It needs to show as coming in yesterday.

When I hit "unmatch" it MUST revert to its original date in the download. Please fix this. Thanks!

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried to replicate your problem (in R54.16), but could not.

There is something peculiar in your problem description.

It sounds like you're saying Quicken is matching one (currently) downloaded transaction to a previously downloaded transaction.  If that is what you're experiencing, something else is wrong; because it should be impossible for a downloaded transaction to match a previously downloaded transaction.

In addition to clarifying the above, perhaps you can supply some additional information.
    - Your Quicken release (in the form: Rnn.nn)
    - Your financial Institution (the name on the General tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the account)
    - The account type (checking, savings, ...)
    - The "Connection Method" (found on the Online Services tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the account)
    - Whether you employ "Automatic entry" (found in the Online Setup section of the Online Services tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the account)
    - Which, if any, other fields in the two incorrectly matched transactions have the same value (besides the Amount)

[If this is truly a bug, there are better ways to get it addressed by Quicken, than posting here. You can contact Quicken Support, and/or you can use the Quicken Help > Report a problem, to notify the developers. Be sure to send your sanitized Quicken data file and log files.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.