Trouble installing quicken

Options
Carl Riley
Carl Riley Member ✭✭

I had been having problems with Quicken, so I uninstalled it. Now, when I try to reinstall it, it says that I need to uninstall it.

I've gone over everything with a fine-tune comb, even going to far as to go into the registry & deleting all mentions of it there.

Is there a way to bypass this? I've done everything I can think of to do, but it still won't let me install it.

Any way to get rid of whatever else is preventing me from doing it?

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Carl Riley - have your tried reinstalling it right after you get this error message? I have had this happen to me and I go ahead and install it again right after, and it always worked for me.

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options

Just tried it. Didn't work. Thanks anyway. I've tried deleting every instance of quicken from the registry and everything on my C: drive.

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options

The error now says that it tried to uninstall the previous version of Quicken and failed. Is there a way to install it and NOT have it try to uninstall the previous version?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how are you installing it ?
    Did you download the Manual Patch from the Support site ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options

Didn't know there was one.

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options

It didn't work since I can't get Quicken installed.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Carl Riley - I have a feeling you need to reinstall Windows. When you start deleting files, folders, or manually adjusting the registry it gets dicey. Quicken install files and folders get installed everywhere, in hidden folders, in the Windows folder, so it is impossible to uninstall them all, or correctly, when you try to do it manually.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Options

try - download and install the manual patch

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.54.16MPatch.EXE

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a bad feeling about reinstalling Windows, but I pretty much came to the same conclusion. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.