Not getting the "C" in my register after downloading transactions from financial partners. Fix?

Options

I am a long-time user of Quicken but recently my app is giving me nothing but trouble!!! I have had to "reload" my financial info into a "new" Quicken account/program twice now and it's making me crazy. My problem right now is I can pretty much get my transactions downloaded but when they download to the register(s), there is no "C" in the "Cleared" column. How can I fix this?? To manually compare transactions between Quicken and the institution every time I need to download is prohibitive in time and frustration levels!

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That should be impossible. Can you show us a screen shot of a portion of your register showing this?

Also please name the financial institution(s). There might be a known issue.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

am a long-time user of Quicken
    but recently my app is giving me nothing but trouble!!! I have had to "reload" my financial info into a "new" Quicken account/program 

the lack of a "C" seems wrong -

and as a "long term user" - what do you mean by "reload" your financial info - and a "new" Quicken account/program ?
    Do you mean a Quicken RESTORE from some previous Quicken backup ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Diane Saunders Wright
    Options

RJS and Ps56k2: Thank you for your responses!! I have a busy morning today so I am not ignoring you. I'll respond back with the info you requested later this afternoon. Warning: Please be patient with me! I am NOT technologically gifted (or even close). I hope I don't frustrate you too badly :(

Diane

• Diane Saunders Wright
    Options

OK… y'all must have scared the program into working. All seems good now. I think when my "first" Quicken file was corrupted during a computer hack, I didn't re-install or properly create a new Quicken file. Everything was showing up as a .DAT file. Nothing would work! It's been so frustrating! After uninstalling/reinstalling for the third time, I think I finally have it right. That being said, I haven't tried to backup this newest file yet… I may be calling on you again!

Thank you so much for reaching out with your help and advice! It's nice to know there is a support team out there!

Diane

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

”computer hack” ?
    Everything was a “DAT” file ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.