System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

CC-800 error

Comments

• owl1161
    owl1161 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem with CFG Bank. None of the troubleshooting fixes work. I also have a CC-503 error with Bealls credit card. In both situations, a security challenge of some sort exists. CFG Bank requires a security question to be answered or a one time code sent to my phone. Bealls requires a one time code sent to my phone. Not sure if this is causing the issue or not. But none of Quicken's fix it solutions work.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @owl1161,

To help troubleshoot the CC-800 issue, I recommend that you start by following the troubleshooting steps from this article on CC-800 errors, if you haven't already done so.

To troubleshoot the CC-503 issue with Bealls credit card, please follow the steps from this article on CC-503 errors. Another thing to check is that you are selecting the correct connection option. I can see there are 3 choices for Bealls.

You can often use the URL to help determine which option is the most appropriate.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• owl1161
    owl1161 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have reviewed the article for fixing the CC-800 errors. And I am not so much concerned about the Bealls error, it was working fine, then not, I have seen that 503 error many times over the years. I don't use the card so I deactivated the online service,

Something wrong is happening with bank connections. Yesterday I deactivated online services, removed the bank name and account number from 2 CFG accounts, saved the changes. Then deleted the 3 accounts, one had been closed, online services had been removed on the closed account when it was closed. I closed Quicken, waited 15 minutes, then reopened and added my 2 CFG accounts with different names. I did NOT set up online services. This morning I processed a One Step Update and received notification from my CFG bank that my access was successful. Then my 2 Discover accounts received the CC-800 error. How is Quicken still accessing my CFG bank accounts when the online services is NOT set up for these two newly added accounts?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

What process did you use when adding the accounts back into your Quicken file? In the Add Account screen, did you search for the financial institution, or did you select the Offline Account tab?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• owl1161
    owl1161 Member ✭✭
    Options

When adding back accounts I use the Search for Account.

I started having this problem with just one or two accounts, CFG, the end of February. I fixed those 2 accounts and then the next day it was three other accounts, Discover. I fixed those two accounts, and then started having the problem with the same CFG and Discover accounts that had the error over the last couple of days. Finally got all fixed and things were working just fine for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I received the error on 3 accounts with Discover, and 1 account with Synchrony.

I got those fixed yesterday. As part of fixing those accounts, I had removed all the accounts from the Mobile and Web sync, Reset the Cloud data, Logged out of Quicken, and deleted the Runtime.dat file.

Ran the One step update this morning and now I have the CC-800 error with:

• American Express - 2 accounts
    • Capital One - 3 accounts
    • CFG - 2 accounts
    • Chase 3 - accounts

None of these accounts in error are listed in the Mobile and Web sync.

As I added back the Discover and Synchrony accounts, Quicken automatically added them to the Mobile and Web sync list of accounts - so I left them, these are the only accounts I have that are not in error. Seems like this CC-800 error is somehow connected to the Mobile and Web sync process.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you say the accounts aren't listed in the Mobile and Web sync list of accounts, do you mean they're not selected, or do you mean they don't show up at all?

What prompted you to delete the Runtime.dat file? I've seen Super Users recommend that step for some issues, but don't recall seeing it recommended for troubleshooting CC-800 issues. Are you encountering other issues in your file also that you were hoping that would correct?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina