Citibank Costo Visa account has to be re-authorized every time to update (Windows and Mac)

Options

Citibank Costo Visa account has to be re-authorized every time to update (Windows and Mac). I receive notice that I have re-authorized the account, but the next time I update I have to Re-authorize again.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have this account, set up on Quicken Classic Mac and never have this issue. A couple questions:

1. What is the FI name you have it connected with (mine is "Citi Cards")
    2. You say "Windows and Mac". Do you have this card connected in both a QWin file and a QMac file? I could see this causing an issue where it would require re-authorization each time.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gregoryahaines
    gregoryahaines Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem has occured in the last month or so. I have always had a Qwin and QMac files on separate computers and not had this issue in the past. What do you mean by "Fl" name?

Thanks,

Greg

• gregoryahaines
    gregoryahaines Member ✭✭
    Options

My account name is Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citibank

• RickO
    Options

What do you mean by "FI" name?

Sorry, I could have been more clear. In QMac, select the account in the sidebar. Then click menu Accounts > Settings. In the account settings pane, click the Downloads tab. See what it says next to "Financial Institution:". That's the FI Name. In some cases, it's possible to connect the same card account using different Citibank FI Names. Using the wrong one could cause this issue.

That said, I believe Citi recently changed to a new flavor of Quicken Connect and that may explain why you are getting the recurrent authorization requests now that you did not get a month ago. But again, it may have to do with accessing the account on both QWin and QMac.

• gregoryahaines
    gregoryahaines Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the clarification on FI which is Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citibank

• RickO
    Options

I'd suggest changing the FI connection to "Citi Cards". To do this, open the Accounts Settings > Downloads pane and click the Change Connection button. Enter "Citi Cards", select it, click Continue and follow the steps presented. I don't know the process for QWin, but it should be similar. See if that fixes the issue.

• gregoryahaines
    gregoryahaines Member ✭✭
    Options

I will give that a try.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.