How to get the right file to display

Options

Opened up computer noticed Quicken file was closed. Went to the backups selected file with 3/2/24 date. Opened didn't show 3/2/24 but 8/8/23. Tried several times can't get it past 8//23 date. Think its something to do with sync but ???

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    Options

8/8/23 in all accounts? And have you tried clicking RESET at the top of one such account register?

Also, when you click FILE, your most recently opened files should be at the bottom of that window … what happens when you click the them?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• George OConnell
    George OConnell Member ✭✭
    Options

No Reset on screen Clicking File brings up some earlier filesbut not the back up

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you trying to restore from that backup … because, otherwise, you shouldn't open a backup directly.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• George OConnell
    Options

As I said, found computer off. Clicked on the logo instead of the file coming up with a 3/2/2024 it was 8/8/2023. I went to the backups clicked on the 3/3/2024 and it came up as 8/8/2023. There is no reset on the page, File does not show latest backup. The back up I was trying to use was on of the four listed. It had the date 3/3/2024 I clicked on it and the file came up as 8/8/2023.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

At the risk of perhaps suggesting some obvious, have you tried resorting the date file via date? Perhaps it defaulted to another sort method / view.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With Quicken open, go to Files, Fnd Quicken files and find your recent file.

Once you get back to where you should be, I suggest that you use file explorer to create a desktop shortcut to your regular data file and use it to open quicken directly to your file.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• George OConnell
    Options

Gentlemen: I appreciate your concern re my trouble with Quicken. I had suspected some kind of problem between Quicken and my financial accounts. At the time of the problem Quicken was attempting to collect all my financial data. As it was, it was a hiccup in the transfer of the data between Quicken and my bank. Once i contacted Quicken their Tech took about ten minutes to correct the problem. Thank you again for your concern and your suggestions. Glad you guys are around!

George O'Connell

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@George OConnell thrilled that everything is now working for you.

This discussion has been closed.