Sale of a security not recording in Quicken Classic Correctly

Options
Phoenixwtc
Phoenixwtc Member ✭✭

Upon selling all held shares of a security, the ledger correctly shows the cash increase. However, the portfolio screen still shows the security in my portfolio . This was a transaction downloaded from my broker's site. But even if I manually enter the same transaction, the portfolio balance does not change. I've checked the dates of the transaction, the spelling of the security, and any other specifics of the transaction, but cannot get the portfolio balance to reflect the sale.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

First, has the sale settled yet? Second, the portfolio screen doesn't update over the weekend, it will continue to show the account as of Friday close of market until Monday. You can change the date to today's date by hand & see if that makes a difference.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Phoenixwtc
    Phoenixwtc Member ✭✭
    Options

The strange thing is the transaction took place on 2/2/24. SO it is a month old and definitely settled already.

• Phoenixwtc
    Phoenixwtc Member ✭✭
    Options

Help me understand what's happening. Is there something quirky about Quicken or is it something very fundamental that I am missing. If I change the date of the transaction from 2/2/24 to 2/3/24, the portfolio balance is correct. If I change it to 2/1/24, it is incorrect. In both cases, I am looking at the portfolio balance as of today 3/2/24. For the purposes of my account, I am leaving the incorrect date of 2/3/24 to make sure Quicken balances match my broker's on-line balance, but this issue still confounds me.

This discussion has been closed.