Updating GM Financial

Options
btrelli
btrelli Member ✭✭

It wont update anymore asks for a code sent to email but I never get an email, tried changing password on website and still doesn't work.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @btrelli,

To troubleshoot issues with multi-factor authentication codes not arriving, please start by checking your security settings on the financial institution website to make sure that your contact information is correct. If possible, sometimes setting another option, such as SMS (text message) can help so that if codes don't arrive one way, you may get them the other way. Also, with emails, sometimes they can be delayed or redirected to your junk/spam folder. It's always a good idea to give the email a few minutes to arrive and check the junk/spam folder just in case.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, then try the troubleshooting steps in this article about error code FDP-185 (since that's the error that shows on our end when you try to connect).

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mkocich
    mkocich Member ✭✭
    Options

I was having the same problem. I never received an email containing the passcode.

I entered my profile page on the gm financial website. Go to the Two Factor Identification section and if the mobile phone number is shown, then delete it. It should then default to your email address. Then be sure to save preferences.

I immediately returned to Quicken. It worked perfectly. An email with new passcode appeared immediately.

This discussion has been closed.