Previous splits being overwritten with next download

Options
Jibby
Jibby Member

OK so I've seen this a few times now so I know it is really happening.

I take all of my receipts and categorize every item on them with "split" - it is a lot of work.

Then a few days later I do a new download and it wipes out all of the information I'd previously entered and I have to split the transaction again.

I have not yet determined if it is doing it to all of them but I know for sure it is happening with some of them.

This is a serious problem

Comments

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jibby

I take all of my receipts and categorize every item on them with "split" - it is a lot of work.

I hear you, I used to do this as well for my credit card (i.e., before I setup a credit card account which is truly much simpler).

Then a few days later I do a new download and it wipes out all of the information I'd previously entered and I have to split the transaction again.

I have not experienced this.

I do have one suggestions and that is turn off the overwriting of the memo fields (i.e.,   Account Details → Online Service tab, and selecting Don't update memo when downloading).

If the problem also includes overwriting the categories then turn this off as well:

I hope this helps.

• Jibby
    Jibby Member
    Options

Oh thanks I was actually looking on how to turn off auto-categories and could not find it because it really makes some terrible decisions and it is just easier for me to have to categorize everything. I'll try this and report back.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jibby excellent, let me know. That said, do not forget to turn this ON as well!

This discussion has been closed.