Unable to add Verizon Wireless bill

Options

Hello,

I am trying to add my Verizon wireless bill to quicken, but it fails after verification. I enter my information and it promts me to send the notification to my phone. I get the pop-up notification from the verizon app, and I hit approve to allow access, and a few second later quicken states verification failed. Am I doing somethign wrong or is this a quicken problem?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please consider this alternative to using Bill Manager Quick Pay. Many banks and billers, in an attempt to better secure their computer systems from hackers, no longer support third-party data aggregators like Quicken, Intuit, etc.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Frozen001,

To assist with this issue, I checked the error message on our end. I can see it's showing proofs invalid, and then shows this additional information: In order to continue linking, a notice will be sent to your phone. Once you select Send Notification, you will have two minutes to respond.

That sounds like either a text message or notification was sent, and it wanted you to go through in-app verification.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

While your suggestion above works, it doesn't stay connected for more than a day. Quicken needs to maintain that connection for more than a day. Please coordinate with Verizon to work out an agreement on how this should work for the long haul and not a temporary 1 day connection.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Monte Bliss,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is this particular form of multi-factor authentication optional? If it is, then you may be able to bypass the issue by adjusting your security settings on Verizon's website.

When I tried checking on the server side, the only Verizon connections I'm seeing for you are showing deleted. If possible, could you please attempt to connect and not delete that connection for several days?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The two-factor authentication is not optional and is required due to previous hacking attempts by some nefarious criminals. It has been reconnected and authenticated…Do you want me to tell you when it fails, or do you have some sort of monitoring method?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Using internal tools, I can see the status, but I don't get alerts when the status changes. You mentioned earlier that it stays connected for about a day or less, so I'll check on it around midday tomorrow (24 March). If it fails before then, please let me know and I can check sooner.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

It has failed as of this morning. Roughly 72 hours after successful connection and authentication.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited March 26
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I reported the issue to the proper channels for further investigation and resolution. They let me know that the issue is in work, but they do not currently have an ETA.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What are your requirements for adding this to the Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues so that it can be bookmarked and monitored by the users? Or has it already been added and I missed it somewhere? TIA

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Typically, whether an alert is created for an issue or not depends on how many contacts about the issue Quicken Support has received. If there are enough contacts to lead our teams to believe the issue is widespread, then they'll issue an alert and we'll create a Community alert based on that alert.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Oscar101
    Oscar101 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the same problem that appeared on the Mac forum around March 24. Sometimes Verizon issues multiple 2FA sequences during a single transaction. Updating your Verizon password is particularly obnoxious.