Mystery $10k added to Quicken Budget fields.

Options
Steve1096
Steve1096 Member ✭✭

I'm using Quicken Classic for Windows. Windows 10. I've checked for updates. I know it's March, but I'm getting around to budgeting. I have a category called "Travel for Pleasure." Subfields are Big Trips (BT) and Little Trips (LT). Subfields of BT and LT are budgeted (so are editable); BT and LT are Quicken sums of their subfields. Travel for Pleasure" is the Quicken sum of BT and LT. I cannot edit the Quicken calculated sum fields. For three months the Travel for Pleasure sum has ~$10000 added. See screens shot below (Travel for Pleasure columns and rows), compare "Budget" columns January to February, in this instance it is not exactly $10k added. Then February or March to April and it is exactly $10k added. Quicken support couldn't help and escalated to Palo Alto. Haven't heard back from PA. Thank you! -Steve

Tagged:

Comments

• nerd86
    nerd86 Member ✭✭
    Options

Looks as if there is a hidden sub-category somewhere that has the $10,167 allocated towards it. Have you tried adding all categories to the budget to give things a thorough review?

This discussion has been closed.