Quicken 2023 Tax Schedule does not import into TurboTax Home & Business - but 2024 info does!

Options
klozaw
klozaw Member

I put this in the wrong category (buedgeting) earlier. Sorry:

I'm trying to import the 2023Tax Schedule from Quicken Business and Personal Ver R54.16 build 27.1.54.16 for windows into TT 2023 Home & Business WinPerRelease Ver 023.000.0435 

As others have said, this used to be soooo easy.

When importing last year's 2023 schedule: It does NOT work. On a whim I tried importing the current YTD 2024 information. 2024 was imported without issue.

So there has to be some kind of BUG somewhere. HELP!

Here is what I got when trying to import 2023's information. Remember, 2024's YTD imported fine:

1st try chose Quicken (2023, 2022, 2021) to import from -->select my Quicken Data File--> then TaxSchedule RESULT: "The import file is not a TXF file!" 2nd try: chose Other Financial Software (TXF file) --> same result "The import file is not a TXF file!"

Anyone else see this issue?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just tried Import Tax Schedule from Quicken R54.16 Biz/Personal into TTax 2023 Premier - and it all worked -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

have you posted this same info over on the TTax forum ?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions?filter=all_questions&sort=last_activity

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• klozaw
    klozaw Member
    Options

I have posted this in TTax Forum. The Expert there said I should post it here. Fingers pointing at each other.

Tried importing 2023 again this morning - does NOT import: "The import file is not a TXF file!"

Tried importing 2024 again this morning - 2024 INFO IMPORTS CORRECTLY

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When applicable, I have always chosen to export the Quicken tax information from Quicken to a TXF file, then in TTax, import that TXF file. I find it gives me better control on the process.

I interpret from your question, you are choosing to initiate the process from TTax having TTax access the Quicken file and auto-import the data. I suggest you try the Quicken to TXF file to TTax path.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

very weird -

do you get all the screens…. like it wants to Import - and then fails at that point - compared to your 2024 test ?
    Wonder if there is something happening with the different TTax version - since we both have Quicken Biz & Personal -
    yet you have the TTAX Biz and I just have the TTax Premiere -
    https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/import-txf-file/L47YK56cd_US_en_US?uid=ltg6ddjf

Quicken - Export - TTax Tax Schedule - …. can only exports previous year …. so how do you get the 2024 data from Quicken ?

Note: Neither TurboTax Online nor TurboTax Business supports imports from the .txf file.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting, so did the 2024 ytd info import to Turbo Tax as 2023 amounts?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• klozaw
    klozaw Member
    Options

I tried starting with a new tax return. It didn't help.

I used "Report to Tax Export File" for the current, 2023, info from Quicken. Then tried to import manually using the Other Accounting Software (TXF file). DID NOT WORK.

Same process with 2024 AND IT IMPORTED and, to answer your question (thanks for that), 2024 DATA WAS IMPORTED INTO THE 2023 FIELDS!

So clearly something is wrong and since you and I started from the same software it must be on the TT side. I will update my other post

This discussion has been closed.