Chase Reauthorization Prompts in Multiple Quicken Files

Options
Gerry Blue
Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭

I recently helped a family member set up their own Quicken account and file. We both have bank accounts at Chase and use the same Chase login in Quicken to update those accounts. Since setting up her Quicken file on her computer, we find ourselves having to reauthorize our Chase accounts most every time we update.

Is there a limitation on authorizing the same Chase account on two different computers in two different states?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Gerry Blue,

To answer your question, financial institutions that connect via Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) can be fussy about connecting accounts under the same Login ID with the financial institution in multiple Quicken files. It is because of the way EWC+/OAuth works. Instead of storing login credentials, you go through the authorization process on the financial institution's website and are issued a token that authorizes your Quicken file to download information. When you authorize on multiple files, sometimes the financial institution website sees that you already had a token issued, so it revokes it and issues a new one for the new file.

If you haven't done so already, talking to the financial institution might help. They may know if there's an account setting or security setting on the website that is causing it.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you - it does help. I've wandered around the Chase website trying to find an option to allow more than one file to interface with the accounts but haven't found anything. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, is the token a file that's stored somewhere on my drive that I can try copying to the other computer to see if they can act in concert when logging in to Chase?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The token isn't a file stored on your computer. The token is stored by the aggregation service. For more information, review this article.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.