Quicken is deleting my bank connections

Options
Greg Semple
Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭

This is day 3. For the last 3 days when I run One Step update, I get the CC-800 error, (see attached screenshot). So, I go bank and add the accounts back in and the next day I get the same error.

What is going on? This makes no sense. My Quicken for Windows update are current. My Quicken file is on my hard drive, not the cloud,

Someone tell me why this happens. It is annoying and frustrating. I can't maintain these accounts if I have to post and update transaction by transaction. That's not why I am paying for this service, every year.

GregS

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Greg Semple in order to get the CC-800 errors to "go away" permanently, is to deactivate ALL accounts with EWC and EWC+, whether they have the CC-800 error or not. If you only correct the one's with the CC-800 error, the error will keep popping up in other accounts.

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Open your Account List. Check "Show hidden accounts". Scan closed and hidden account and unhide any that have a connection method under the column "Transaction Download".
    3. Uncheck "Show hidden accounts". Deactivate ALL accounts with EWC and EWC+ connection methods by clicking the "Edit" button and going to the "Online Services" tab. Deactivate only. Do not change or delete any information on the "General" tab.
    4. After all of the accounts have been deactivated, reactivate the accounts one by one by clicking on "Edit" and going into the "Online Services" tab. Accounts will be reactivated by FI, so you might not need to go into each account.
    5. If you have accounts that use EWC+, then it is best to reconnect the accounts by "adding a new account" and then connecting them to existing accounts on Quicken.
    6. Carefully "link to existing" account on Quicken. Double check the connections.
    7. After all accounts have been reactivated, do an OSU. After it completes, check each account's last update date and time to make sure it is current.

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok I'll try your steps. This is very frustrating. Even when I did not get a CC-800 error on one of my accounts today, I could see through the Account List it didn't update in the last 3 days ago.

I'll try this and move forward, I hope.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Greg Semple they will keep coming back unless you deactivate ALL accounts using EWC and EWC+. The CC-800 errors and the accounts not updating are related issues. That is another reason why you need to deactivate all EWC and EWC+ accounts.

Please let me know if you have any questions when you go through the steps.

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I went through your steps, and it appeared to work. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for you help.

Greg

This discussion has been closed.