Capital One transaction matching

Options
kbreit
kbreit Member ✭✭

I have some Capital One accounts which I contribute to from my main checking account. However, the transaction information that comes out of Capital One doesn't seem to be very helpful. For example, I have a transaction of "Rt0a…5d1 Capital One Transfer Rt0a…5d1 Transfer Ca". These appear to be a unique transfer ID and don't map to which account it is to or from. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can make this easier to understand so I can ensure the category is correct?

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@kbreit where are these transactions showing up? In the Payee? In the Memo field? Do you have a category for these transactions, or are they transfers?

• kbreit
    kbreit Member ✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP These transactions are from my primary checking account at one institution and transferred into the Capital One accounts. The details I mentioned are in the Payee field.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@kbreit since these are transfer transactions, I assume they are linked in Quicken. The category then will be the "To" and "From" account names in brackets.

One way to make sure that these transfers match up and entered correctly is to key in the transfer prior to it posting. For payee name, either put in the financial institution names, or anything you want that describes the transfer. Then no matter what comes through in the Payee field the transaction will match up and post to Quicken correctly.

If entering the transfer transaction prior to posting is not possible, or always possible, then another thing you can use is Transfer Detection. This option and settings are in Edit→Preferences→Transfer detection.

This discussion has been closed.