Loan Schedule Question

Options
carealtor
carealtor Member ✭✭

How do I get rid of these? They've been there for years and I have no idea how they got there, or more importantly, how to get rid of them. The first entry, the one outside the red box, is probably okay as that is when the loan was created and entered into Quicken.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's in the actual account in Q?

And why is the 7/3/16 payment correct, but the 5 following it aren't? Did you not make monthly payments on the loan?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• carealtor
    carealtor Member ✭✭
    Options

It's a mortgage account.

Yes, I've made monthly payments, but those 5 or 6 entries are hardly monthly. I've made many dozens of payments but only these 6 show up like this. They are odd-balls from years ago and I wonder why they are there?

• carealtor
    carealtor Member ✭✭
    Options

So, nobody knows?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you ever run a Year End Copy process to split your data file into two parts, archive and current?
    Looks to me like you did, as of 12/31/2020 … which appears to have resulted in reconciled transactions prior to that date having been removed from the current data file.

Changes you made to the loan before the YEC split appear to have resulted in phantom interest rate change entries. I don't know why they were entered in the first place and I don't know why YEC didn't feel the need to remove them … a Quicken programmer would have to answer this question, but they normally don't hang out here in the Community.

IMHO, if the loan register is OK otherwise … grin and ignore it 😁

• carealtor
    carealtor Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Yes, I routinely split off the file every year.

Grin and ignore is what I've done for years, so I will continue down that path.