can't connect to Wells Fargo

Options
Procopio
Procopio Member ✭✭✭

When I try to connect to Wells Fargo I get this error.

Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)

and

invalid user ID or password.

My user ID and password work fine on the website. I am attempting to connect with Direct Connect. I'm on R54.16, Windows 11.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 11
    Options

@Procopio - you need to go to the website noted and sign in there before you will be allowed to connect. This is Wells Fargo's way to verify your identity. After you sign into the site, come back to Quicken, and finish the setup. You will have 10 minutes to do so. If you still get an error after the first attempt, try again by selecting "Try again now". It sometimes takes two tries to be successful.

• csantucci
    csantucci Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem, going on for a couple of weeks now. I tried the suggestion above but still nothing. User name and pass word work fine on Wells Fargo, but I can't connect through Quicken.

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Finally got it to work. When I went to the fmssetup website Wells Fargo couldn't authenticate me. This turned out to be because of my Google Voice phone number. I gave them my underlying phone number, but the problem didn't get corrected right away. I had to call them three times over two weeks, each time explaining the problem and giving them the new phone number. Each time they said to wait 3-5 days for the system to update and then it should work.

Well today - finally - it worked. I went to the fmssetup site, and it sent the auth code to my underlying phone number, and I was able to move all the way through the process and get Wells Fargo set up in Quicken.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Procopio - Glad it's finally working for you. It most likely wasn't an error you encountered but the process working as intended. They needed authenticate your real phone number before they could update it to their servers. Depending on the situation, this could take a while. But now that they authenticated your real number, they can verify your identity via FMSSETUP. This is for your protection against identity fraud.

This discussion has been closed.