Category for Transfers from a Rollover IRA for RMD

Options

Is there a category for the transfer(s) from a regular Rollover IRA to satisfy the annual RMD?
I have established a monthly disbursement to my Savings Account to effortlessly satisfy the RMD but can find no way to link and accumulate it to the appropriate 1040 line item in Quicken Delux.
It would be nice if it would link to the correct IRA account in "Investments" but mostly that it would link to the appropriate Schedule on the 1040

Best Answer

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@VegasDealer if you use a linked transfer, the category is not customizable. It is always the "to" or "from" account in brackets. If you transfer from the IRA to the Savings Account:

In the IRA account register, the transaction category would be [Savings Account] and, in the Savings Account, the transaction category would be [IRA]. When you enter one side of the transfer, the other side of the transfer is automatically created in the other account.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@VegasDealer The tax form for an RMD would be a 1099-R. If you use a linked transfer from your IRA to Savings, then you can attach the tax category to the transfer out from the IRA. Go to Account Details and click on "Tax Schedule" at the bottom of the window.

I think if you have the account coded as an IRA, this Tax Form is prepopulated.

• QuickUserPSP
    Answer ✓
    Options

@VegasDealer if you use a linked transfer, the category is not customizable. It is always the "to" or "from" account in brackets. If you transfer from the IRA to the Savings Account:

In the IRA account register, the transaction category would be [Savings Account] and, in the Savings Account, the transaction category would be [IRA]. When you enter one side of the transfer, the other side of the transfer is automatically created in the other account.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You want 1099-R:Total IRA taxable distrib., not gross distrib.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

That was prepopulated in the field. I did not enter it.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a bug. The default is wrong.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.