I'm currently using Quickbooks 2016 and can no longer use on my new computer.

Options
BobPeixinho
BobPeixinho Member
edited April 12 in Before you Buy

I keep my old computer just for Quickbooks. Does Quicken have a desktop version or is it all online? Also, if I purchase Quicken, can I merge my current Quickbook files with the new version of Quicken?

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken is still a stand alone Desktop installed program. It does have a mobile app that syncs to it but you still need the program installed on a full computer Windows or Mac. And sorry No, you can not convert QuickBooks to Quicken. You can go from Quicken to QuickBooks but not the other way.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12 Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken is primarily a desktop product. There are online adjuncts … but they're optional.

And, my understanding is that while QB can read a Q data file, you can't move your data from QB to Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken is still a stand alone Desktop installed program. It does have a mobile app that syncs to it but you still need the program installed on a full computer Windows or Mac. And sorry No, you can not convert QuickBooks to Quicken. You can go from Quicken to QuickBooks but not the other way.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12 Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken is primarily a desktop product. There are online adjuncts … but they're optional.

And, my understanding is that while QB can read a Q data file, you can't move your data from QB to Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

along with Quicken Classic Desktop - there is also a much simpler online cloud based program - Quicken Simplifi - mostly Budgetes.
    BUT… if you are using QB - you probably need more of what Quicken Classic Desktop offers…

and as others have mentioned - there is no data path from QB to Quicken -
    LASTLY - Quicken is not an accounting program - so depending upon how you use QB - Quicken may not give you the same info

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.