Category and Memo fields in register don't populate when using memorized transactions

Options
SimonB
SimonB Member

This issue was raised previously, but the answers offered there aren't fixing the problem for me. I have a downloaded transaction that is incomplete, and payee reads incorrectly. I select the correct Memorized Payee (MP) from the Memorized Payee List (MPL), and I want its data to overwrite the data in the register, but none of it are pulled into the transaction. I want the info for the MP, as entered in the MPL, to stay unchanged for future uses in the MPL, so I have selected 'Lock and leave this payee unchanged when it is edited in a register.' I am assuming this should let me overwrite/change existing data in an existing register transaction with that MP data from the MPL, but that a change in the register will not change the MP data in the MPL. If that's what SHOULD be happening, it's not. In Preferences > 'Data entry and QuickFill', I have checked both 'Complete fields using previous entries', and 'Recall memorized payees', which had been recommended in the earlier post.

Any help will be appreciated.

Windows 11, Quicken v:R55.13, new install (beginner user), issue has been happening from the beginning.

This discussion has been closed.