Since R55.13 - Can't download Transactions, or click on QDF, or Import QFX file (edit)

Options
WPMOMOF2
WPMOMOF2 Member ✭✭

Quicken automatically downloaded the newest version today. I can do a one-step update just fine, but the one account I have to download manually won't synch. My computer will no longer open a QFX file. I get a few error messages, including ERROR 1706: No valid source could be found for product Quicken.

Any ideas what I can do to fix?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-9397)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone know what this fixes?

Update Version R55.13 HF1

• RogerMontemayor
    RogerMontemayor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Whatever it is supposed to fix, it breaks the download of transactions. When I manually download transactions, I get a message saying "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken" and then a pop-up that says "There are Quicken components currently open. Please close Quicken and try uninstalling again."

• tedN
    tedN Member ✭✭
    Options

I also ran into this problem today 3/12/2024. I downloaded the update and can't open QFX files.

First box stated "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken" , then

Got a msg indicating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Quicken.msi' in the box below.

Then got error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Quicken. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

Is there a resolution for this ?

• RogerMontemayor
    Options

I have the same problem. I was at R55.12, and upgraded to R55.13. Now I cannot download any transactions. I get a message that says "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken" followed by a message that says "There are Quicken components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken, and try uninstalling again." I tried closing Quicken and restarting my Windows 10 system, but this does not help.

• JackArch77
    JackArch77 Member
    Options

Same problem here. I am new to this community; how long does it typically take to receive replies/solutions?

• tprusator
    tprusator Member
    Options

I installed an update to Quicken this morning. My next step after the update was to download data from a bank or credit card. The update seemed successful. But when I tried to access the download I got a message "there are quicken components currently open and cannot be uninstalled. Please close Quicken and try uninstalling again." The next message screen shows me the name of the filename from the bank that supplied the download (Guaranty Bank), and says '"user cancelled installation".

I rebooted my computer and tried again, same error. I backed up and overwrote my Quicken file from this morning to my last backup which was 3/5/24, same error message.

On searching messageboard files I saw a user with this exact same error back in January, 2021, and there was a patch for it. My version I assume is much more recent than the one this user had 3 years ago so I assume I have that patch already. My version is: R55.13 Build 27.1.55.13

Any ideas?

Thanks, Terri

• RogerMontemayor
    Options

I have exactly the same problem after updating to R55.13 this morning. When downloading transactions using Web Connect, I get the same error messages as above. I am running Windows 10.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-9397)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good to know. I have different issue that I was hoping this would fix. When I hide Savings Goal transactions, it changes the running balance of an unrelated account. When I unhide them, the running balance comes back to normal. I have had an open ticket since Friday.

• RogerMontemayor
    Options

I submitted the problem report.

• alexski05
    alexski05 Member
    Options

I have the same issue this morning. A fix is needed to this right away. I will report the problem as stated above.

• WPMOMOF2
    WPMOMOF2 Member ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

I went ahead and did an uninstall and then reinstall, but that deleted my backup files!! :( ugh. FOUR hours later, I finally have everything set up again, but I have lost lots of history. I'm not happy! :(

• Borerta
    Borerta Member
    Options

I went to Tools, then Account list and "Reset" the accounts that would not download. (After R55.13)

They now download. Fixed, I think.

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After starting Quicken and moving to Tax Planner I get the following error and do not know what to do.

• SGap
    SGap Member
    Options

I just took an update at about 12:30pm PDT on 3/12 (version R55.13, Build 27.1.55.13 running on Win10). Quicken seemed to work fine till I went to a different quicken file on the same PC and got the following error: "error 1706 no valid source could be found…" I can still run Quicken on the file I was loading when the update ran but not on the other file. Is a newer version coming with a fix to this bad rollout soon?

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

More

• elcorepro
    elcorepro Member
    Options

After the update this morning, I can no longer download transactions. I get a message the Quicke msi is missing.

• gavmann
    gavmann Member
    Options

Greetings I have the new update install R 55.13 as of this afternoon 3/13/24 and now the issue that has had many postings and many messages regarding error 1706. I can't download any qfx transaction files from my bank into Quicken. Has Quicken come up with a fix????

• bmelka
    bmelka Member
    Options

Can't access it either. Come on Quicken. Get this fixed.

• streetwolf
    streetwolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. Went back to the previous version and downloads ran fine. Direct download work OK but Express Web Connect has the problem. Could it be the qfx file that is the cause? Whatever the case, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 12
    Options

Yes, it is a bug in todays HotFix they posted and they are aware.

• Rick_Bradenton
    Rick_Bradenton Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. After updating to Quicken R55.13, QFX files will not open. When I try to open a QFX file, Windows attempts to configure Quicken. An error message appears: "The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." This is false. The QFX file is on my hard drive. The error message continues: "…enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Quicken.msi' in the box below."

I sent a problem report to Quicken and am awaiting a reply.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

They are aware of the bug but need to wait for a fix.

• kpleat1
    kpleat1 Member
    Options

I have the same issue when trying to run the downloaded transactions manually from my Synchrony credit card accoune

• smono57
    smono57 Member ✭✭
    Options

My PC just asked me to update to this version. If the Quicken developers are aware of this problem, why haven't they turned off the update so it doesn't break anymore installs?

• RichardH55
    RichardH55 Member
    Options

After updating to Quicken R55.13, QFX files will not open. When I try to open a QFX file, Windows attempts to configure Quicken. An error message appears: "The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." The error message continues: "…enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Quicken.msi' in the box below."

• JGardner
    JGardner Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. Missing quicken.msi.😕

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did a search for "'Quicken.msi'" and it does not exist on my hard drive

• User1811
    User1811 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Since R55.13 clicking on a data file (.QDF) file starts an install process instead of launching Quicken. The install process errors out when it tries to find a missing install file in the AppData temp directory.

Opening the Quicken program file first and then selecting the data file using the Quicken file menu works.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited March 15
    Options

Hello @User1811,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

I was able to replicate this issue and have forwarded it to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9397)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.