Exclude taxes from "Spending by Category" charts in "Dashboard" and "Overview"?

Options
darrin.butts
darrin.butts Member ✭✭
edited April 12 in Reports (Mac)

I'm Using Latest Quicken Classic Deluxe

The pie charts for "Spending by Category" in "Dashboard" and "Overview" tabs include taxes, which is for me is over 40%, by far the biggest category of all the categories.

For me, I want this chart to show my discretionary spending for budgetary considerations, and I don't want to include taxes which are not controllable and could be seen more as a reduction of income rather than spending.

The current behavior causes the categories like Dining and Groceries to be dramatically smaller than they really are relative to take-home income after taxes.

Is there a way to remove taxes from these graphs? Maybe by changing how taxes are categorized, or a way to modify the graphs in the Dashboard or Overview tabs?

Best Answer

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Dashboard "cards" can be customized to only include certain accounts, but customization by category isn't possible as of version 7.6 So, the only way today to do what you want would be if your taxes were paid via an account that isn't used for normal spending.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Dashboard "cards" can be customized to only include certain accounts, but customization by category isn't possible as of version 7.6 So, the only way today to do what you want would be if your taxes were paid via an account that isn't used for normal spending.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.