BILL REMINDERS DISAPPEAR WHEN A MATCHING TRANSACTION DOWNLOADS

Options

I have my settings as Do not automatically Match transactions and Do Not Automatically add downloads to register and Do not automatically add reminders to register. I do have it set to view my reminders in my register so I can easily compare the downloaded transaction to a reminder and skip that reminder since it was paid.

When I download all of my transactions, Quicken is acting like it's automatically matching the download to the reminder and clearing the reminder. Sometimes it's not even the right reminder so this needs to stop. I used to be able to download everything, verify there is no fraud, accept all transactions and then go through my reminders and Skip them if a transaction downloaded that matches it. I want to be able to do this again.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Thanks

Erika

Frustrated in Missouri (lol)

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You refer to skipping reminders that were matched. I believe this is where your issue lies. The point of a reminder is to set the stage for a transaction in the register. It also servers a vital role in forecasting and budgeting. A reminder (if established correctly) should land in the register just prior to the transaction being downloaded and then matched (accepted). I believe your skipping of reminders has confused/corrupted Quickens counters for reminders.

I would reestablish the reminders to get posted to the register as accurately as you can and match the download. If done correctly, you should never need to skip a reminder.

This discussion has been closed.