Black attachment scans from HP LaserjetPro MFP M29w (edit)

Options

Attaching item via scan. Brightness and Contract settings are locked at zero, and are both grayed out, meaning I am unable to correct these settings, and all scans are black. Quicken subscription, HP LaserjetPro MFP M29w. Need advice to stop black scans.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll bite. I have no idea what you're talking about. A problem with your printer/scanner? Is this related to Quicken somehow?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I finally parsed that you're scanning to transaction attachments. Try using HP's native scan to a file and attaching the file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Mike1224
    Mike1224 Member
    Options

yes, you are correct, Rocket Squirrel as to problem. your solution is my current workaround. Had Quicken 2017 until last week and had no problems scanning to transaction attachments. I don't understand why I hve less functionality with Quicken Upgrade. I don't understand, when choose scan > printer and get scan choices of color/grayscale/custom, they all have underlying brightness and contrast levels are 0 (zero) meaning totally black screen. And the brightness/contrast slide bars are also grayed out, and do not allow me to adjust them. How do I made the brightness/contrast bars active so I can adjust them?

• Mike1224
    Mike1224 Member
    Options

Rocket Squirrel, you need not reply. After 7 days and multiple tries, scanning to transaction attachments is now working, and no brightness/contract controls are grayed out. Don't know why it just started woeking, but I'll accept miracles when I can get them 😇.

This discussion has been closed.