Citizens Access CC-800 Error

Options

For about the last 2 weeks, unable to sync transactions/balances for Citizens Access. The first few times it happened, I used reset acct and/or add acct. The files synced, but same error message on the following update. Validated and super validated file - no errors. Now when I try to add it back in, it says that it downloaded and synced, but when I click okay to that message, Quicken closes. When I reopen it, it appears to show an update for Citizens Bank-Mid Atl Cons Web (which I also have) but no online update or setup info for Citizens Access. (Citizens Bank and Citizens Access are separate divisions of Citizens Financial Group) I have also tried signing out and then back in. Mobile/web sync is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Quicken Classic Deluxe Ver R55.15 Build 27.1.55.15 with Windows 10 Home ver 22Hs Build 19045.4170

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 16
    Options

@raymorr2 to get rid of any CC-800 error is easy but could be time consuming if you have a lot of accounts. The trick is to deactivate ALL accounts using EWC or EWC+ and then reactivate them. Another reason to deactivate all EWC or EWC+ accounts is that another related error usually happens along with the CC-800 errors. It is the error when you get no error messages, but the accounts do not update. The telltale sign of this error is an old "Last download date and time" or no date and time at all. I find also if you only try to correct the accounts with the CC-800 errors, the error will inevitably pop up in other accounts, or continually pop up in the same account.

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Go to your Account List and deactivate all accounts using EWC or EWC+ by clicking the "Edit" button and going to the Online Services tab. Do not change anything on the General tab.
    3. Then "Activate" your accounts by clicking on "Add Account" at the bottom of the Account List window. The accounts will be activated by each financial institution, so you might not need go into each account.
    4. Go through the activation process, entering your user ID and password. When it comes to the "Add Account" screen where it lists all accounts, carefully link each account to the existing account on Quicken. It is critical that you double check every connection, even if the accounts are already linked. If any of your accounts use EWC+, there will be some additional authentication steps before you get to this screen on Quicken.
    5. After you have activated all your accounts, close and reopen Quicken, and then try an OSU again. If you get any errors, go to the account register and do an "Update Now", and then try an OSU again.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

I didn't deactivate all of my accounts. I deactivated the accounts from Citizens Financial Group - Citizens Access and Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons Web. I then reactivated these accounts. It seems to have worked. They updated properly. I did an OSU afterwards, and everything seems okay. I think the test will be to see if it stays fixed tomorrow and the following days. Thanks for the suggestions.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Now this is crazy. Today Citizens Access syncs fine, Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons Web gives CC503 and CC509 errors. I went to CB's site, changed my password, and I can log in there without any issues. When I try to add it back in to Q, errors.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

Please take a look at this support article regarding CC-509 -

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-using-online-services-cc-509

It has to do with changing passwords. I think the CC-503 error is related. It seems like Quicken doesn't recognize the new password.

• quickj
    quickj Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had no problems connecting with Citizens Access in Quicken.

• Brian McDonald
    Brian McDonald Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having similar issues with my Citizen Access account. CC-800 for the past few days. I have not deactivated yet, waiting to see if it self-corrects.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Citizens Access continues to work fine, Citizens Bank still CC503 errors. Spent some time with one support rep yesterday, and again today with a different rep. Escalated with a ticket number, no time frame for solution given.

Current status: Citizens Bank (Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons. Web) gives CC503 error. Waiting for support to get back to me.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@raymorr2 - when you have the CC-503 error and try too many log ins within a certain timeframe, you eventually will get a CC-929 error which means you have been locked out. I only warn you of this because this CC-929 is sometimes very difficult to resolve, and there is nothing do but to wait it out, and then continue with resolving the CC-503 error.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

I waited until today, 24 hours. I was locked out of my bank account. Answered security info, changed my password for my bank, logged in successfully. Tried new password with Quicken, same results.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@raymorr2 since you updated your password with your bank, have you tried to deactivate and reactivate online services in Quicken? Not sure what steps you have done so far.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried to reset account. When that didn't work I deactivated online service. I made sure the account information was blank. Then I tried to add the accounts. And that's where I'm stuck.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited March 20
    Options

@raymorr2 - there are situations other than "incorrect password" that would result with the CC-503 error. The one that is more common is when you use the incorrect FI name to connect to. I noticed that there many other FIs named "Citizens Bank" with the same or similar websites. Sometimes FIs have several that are interchangeable. Have you tried using one of those?

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been using Quicken for many years now. This bank for at least 7 years. Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons Web has been working up until about 2 weeks ago. I did try another one for kicks, and it didn't work either.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@raymorr2 - the only other thing I have is to try is to use your old password in Quicken, before you made any password changes. Maybe Quicken still only recognizes the old password. Stranger things have happened.

Otherwise, hopefully Quicken Support can get back to you soon with a fix or solution to this issue.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

It finally started to work again, on April 1 - no fooling! I had contacted support, and the first person I talked to escalated it to a higher level. They asked me to send some screenshots which I did. Don't know if it's because of something they did behind the scenes, or that the bank did, but it's all good now. Fingers crossed that it stays that way. Thanks for all the suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.