UPDATE: new Quicken Mac user

Options
irwinfayne
irwinfayne Member ✭✭

I originally complained in thread below (it's been closed or else I would have responded in it).

Fast forward a couple of months: happy to report that now I love Quicken for Mac which is web version as opposed to what I had as a Windows user.

One example: I wanted to do a bulk change of category in downloaded transactions. Did a quick search, learned I can select all the ones I want to change, then go to File/Get Info, and instantly apply a new category to all of the selected transactions. Very happy about this.

Also, I realize now that it's much easier to go through new transactions and make changes as needed as opposed to using the transaction window that I used in the Windows version. Just double click whatever field, make change, hit enter. Then when all done, I quickly shift/select all the new transaction and change status to reviewed.

Very easy and much easier than using transaction window in Windows Quicken.

Okay I was totally wrong before, I just needed to get more familiar with moving over to Mac version.

best to everyone who responded in the prior thread.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love Quicken for Mac which is web version as opposed to what I had as a Windows user.

not sure what you mean "web version" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks for coming back to post your impressions after having used Quicken Mac for a while longer.

I think this happens frequently when people who have used Quicken Windows or the legacy Quicken Mac 2007 switch to the current Quicken Mac: an initial negative reaction to something Quicken Mac does differently, which turns into a positive reaction after working with the program for a while. That happened to me when I switched from the two-line register format to the single line in Quicken Mac; I initially didn't like it, but over time came to like it more than what I had previously used.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.