Issue with VGIT and realized gains in Budget

Options
recursor1
recursor1 Member
edited April 16 in Investing (Windows)

Hi,

In quicken budget, a sale of VGIT shows the full sale amount as realized gains. I've read in a previous discussion that this has happened in quicken budget before, and there were no solutions provided to solve it. However, I recently sold some ESPP shares, and those realized gains show up in the budget correctly. I looked into VGIT, and noticed that the downloaded price history only goes back to the beginning of the year. For some reason, I can't download the five year maximum like all the other stocks. Could this be the cause of the issue?

I was gonna try to update the price history manually by uploading the price history file from yahoo finance to see if that would resolve the issue, but I couldn't find a good guide that explains how to format it correctly to accept all the data (every post about it assumes more knowledge than I have about that sort of thing). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• recursor1
    recursor1 Member
    Options

Actually, I think I just figured out that I'm right and it is definitely because the price history isn't downloading properly. The data for the days I've bought and sold is all 0s, and I'm guessing that is the source the budget grabs from instead of the actual sale records.

• recursor1
    recursor1 Member
    Options

Nevermind, still a problem. And I was wrong about the solution too. This really is annoying feature. But oh well.

This discussion has been closed.