Problem w projected balance - sidebar settings (Q Mac)

Options
JPaul
JPaul Member ✭✭

Displayed balances are not comparable or useful - The main checking acct projects out one year, others e.g. checking, savings, credit cards vary from 0 - 30 days- 90 days ?? I have bills, estimated annual payments, taxes etc there are relatively stable monthly, quarterly or yearly that are listed under Bills & Income - changing the projected settings there to 30- 60 day etc has no affect on the projections in the sidebar.

My goal is to look ahead in that side bar, e.g. 30-60-90 etc days to see the projected balances in each acct at that period of time to answer the questions like: Will I have enough cash in the savings or other accounts to transfer over and to pay the projected credit cards? Should I postpone a purchase or pay off a bill sooner or later as the cash flows?

balances at that time?

Long time issue.

Quicken Deluxe Classic ver 7.6.1 (Build 706.52627.100) - Mac OS 14.2.1

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 18 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, JPaul:

I suspect you have each account set differently for how far out it looks for scheduled transactions. You can adjust this by clicking on the drop down arrow at the upper right of each account:

Note: If you click on "All Transactions", making a change via the dropdown there will affect all sub accounts. You will get a warning of such. So, if you want to look out 6 months across all accounts, you can change it that way via that drop down in All Transactions.

Your projected balances should then reflect this setting accordingly in the sidebar.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 18 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, JPaul:

I suspect you have each account set differently for how far out it looks for scheduled transactions. You can adjust this by clicking on the drop down arrow at the upper right of each account:

Note: If you click on "All Transactions", making a change via the dropdown there will affect all sub accounts. You will get a warning of such. So, if you want to look out 6 months across all accounts, you can change it that way via that drop down in All Transactions.

Your projected balances should then reflect this setting accordingly in the sidebar.

• JPaul
    JPaul Member ✭✭
    Options

Ahhhhhhh !!!! I wasn't aware of or perhaps forgot there was such a setting !! Thank U so much !!

This discussion has been closed.