Incorrect market values in Vanguard investing accounts

Options
ksnm
ksnm Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
edited March 29 in Investing (Mac)

I have a Vanguard Roth IRA account and a Vanguard brokerage account. Below is a snapshot of my Roth portfolio tab. For March 1, Quicken recorded the market value at 80% lower than the correct amount. For March 9, it recorded it at 290% higher than the correct amount. On those dates (during and after trading hours), I logged into my Vanguard accounts and checked the market values and they were correct on the website (they didn't match Quicken). This means that the problem is with Quicken, which recorded the wrong amounts on March 1 and March 9. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Quicken Classic Deluxe 7.6.1, macOS 11.7.10 (Big Sur

Comments

• Dtinen
    Dtinen Member ✭✭
    Options

You can edit the prices of a holding manually.

Open the register, click on Portfolio.

Click once on the NAME of the individual security in the window.

A small popup window will appear with the options "Edit Security", "Edit Share Price", and "Security Overview".

Click Edit Share Price and a window will pop up for the security showing the Price and "As of Date:" with the little calendar icon next to it. Click on the calendar for the date that is wrong (OR: type in the date from the keyboard) and enter the correct price.

As to why the downloaded price was wrong in the first place, some bit got flipped somewhere along the line. It shouldn't matter as long as no transactions happened on that date…the next price that's correct will give you the right balance.

• ksnm
    ksnm Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Dtinen, I really appreciate your taking the time to help! Thank you, this was perfect.