Tax Deductions

Options
Stejay
Stejay Member ✭✭

I have a sole proprietor business. As such, the percentage of space that I use in my home to run my business can be applied to all my home operating costs. So, by example, if I use 1 of 10 rooms, then I can deduct 10% of the house operating costs. Similarly if I use my vehicle 20% of the time for business, I can deduct 20% of all vehicle costs, including gas.

If I assign a tax line item to these categories, they appear as business items and appear on the year end Tax Schedule report. However, they also appear on the monthly Profit/Loss Business Tab. This tab is useful to get a quick look at whether I am making a profit or not, however on a monthly basis, the deductions noted above should not be included in this dynamic view. The only way to show the monthly profit/loss correctly is to remove the tax assignment to the categories. However when I do this, they no longer appear on the year end report.

Can there be a way of assigning a tax related category as a deductible only, vs a business cost?

Tagged:
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated