Options
KenJ29
KenJ29 Member ✭✭

After update, searching for transactions is very slow

Comments

• jdjdmba
    jdjdmba Member
    Options

Same with me. It hangs and freezes and I have to end task using task manager

• Indiana_Doug
    Indiana_Doug Member ✭✭
    Options

Everything about Quicken is slow after this update. It hangs for long periods of time after entering file password, it prompts for Quicken online password frequently. A completely miserable release.

• Indiana_Doug
    Indiana_Doug Member ✭✭
    Options

Upon further review - I discovered a few other connection issues on my Windows machine, like connecting to Gmail to send emails. I disabled IPv6 and everything, including Quicken, is now working much better.

• Paul Gilbert
    Paul Gilbert Member ✭✭
    Options

After every upgrade I've ever done, especially with the last 5 upgrades, there are problems with One Step Update. I upgraded to R55.15 and for a time, OSU crashed the program every time without updating. After several super Validate and Repair's, it will name complete the OSU without crashing, but will not update the individual accounts. Accounts must be updated individually from the Account Update Transactions screen. In several cases, individual accounts will not update without doing a Reset Account every time.

While beyond annoying, what is a permanent fix for this? Would love for Quicken to do more Beta tests before the upgrade is published.

Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build 22631

No issues prior to upgrade to R55.15

One Step Update issues affect accounts, not just specific financial institutions.

Any suggestions?

• KenJ29
    KenJ29 Member ✭✭
    Options

When I click on an investment account, it takes around 30 sec to respond, then I enter a transaction, it takes another 30 sec. Maddening!

• GBiehle
    GBiehle Member
    Options

I am having this same problem with version 55.15. I have tried signing out, signing back in, validating file, repairing file, backing up, etc. All multiple times, but the app crashes as soon as I try to use One-Step update. every time.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not having any issues with R55.15. I would start by troubleshooting your data file integrity. I would create a new test data file, add some accounts and perform an OSU to determine if your existing data file or the program installation is at fault.

• Paul Gilbert
    Paul Gilbert Member ✭✭
    Options

The upgrade was the problem and/or the upgrade install. After several tries over a couple of days, the Update started working. First only a couple of accounts would update, but not all. Eventually all started updating although I double check to make sure they are all updating. Very annoying and makes me not want to do any version updates in the future!

I can't give you a specific fix. Try several super validates, start with a fresh v55.15. I love Quicken but I have these issues with every upgrade.

• Paul Gilbert
    Paul Gilbert Member ✭✭
    Options

Try just updating one account at a time, rather than the complete file update. When it finally stopped crashing was when I started updating one account separately from the global update.

• Paul Gilbert
    Paul Gilbert Member ✭✭
    Options

One more try. When it was still crashing on update, I went into one of my accounts and did a Reset Account. It didn't crash then and updated the transactions. I did this for every account. Eventually the global update started working without a crash.

• famous jemez
    famous jemez Member ✭✭
    Options

For past month, Quicken slower than mud in the desert. No support on weekend during tax season. Thanks a lot!

Are you servers overloaded?

Please return to PC based operation. I can't even print reports from MY OWN DATA because your cloud based program won't run.

I knew this was going to happen!😣😣😣😣

• barjan
    barjan Member ✭✭
    Options

I was just updated to build 27.1.55.15 and when I accept the downloaded transactions so they can be moved to the register it has become extremely slow.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any way to resolve it and get it back to the way it was?

• tmpiraino
    tmpiraino Member
    Options

I have had the same problem updating accounts since the R55.15 Install. It gets will download data from my bank but freezes the program before updating any CC account Info. Quicken said that they were working on a solution and I am amazed that there is no resolution (patch, update) after two weeks. I tried updating each CC account separately, but that did not work. Paul, when you reset an account will it maintain the account info?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

If the issues started immediately after the update, then they may be file specific issues. If you haven't done so already, please try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

If the issue persists after the Validate/Super Validate, please try restoring a backup from before the issue started and test to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul Gilbert
    Paul Gilbert Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Kristina. After several Super Validates and restoring a backup more than once, One Step Update finally works without crashing the program, and all accounts update. For a while, not all accounts would update, only some. By resetting every account, it seemed to rectify that issue. Request for the Q developer team - this same issue seems to happen with every version upgrade we've had for the past 5 years or more. A deep dive by the Q team to discover the root cause and Beta test it out before release would be greatly appreciated by the user community. Or, if it is going to happen anyway, provide procedural instructions with every upgrade for users to follow, such as running multiple Super Validates, loading restored backup files, resetting accounts one by one, etc. We would all really appreciate that. Ideally, the developers can discover the root cause of these issues and fix them before a version release.

Thank you on behalf of the long-time user community.

• xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options

This just started occurring with my account. I am trying to validate and super validate but it seems to crash everytime I clink on one-step update

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Paul Gilbert,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working again, but this problem should not happen every time the program updates. You mentioned you had to restore multiple backups; did you have to try several recent ones until you found one that worked? Do you keep your Quicken file directly on the C drive? Is it synced with any cloud service (such as OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.)? Do you have any issues when trying to update your Quicken? Do you let it automatically update, or do you update using the manual patch?

Hello @xpmurph48,

If Validate/Super Validate does not correct the issue, then the next step is to try restoring a backup from before the problem started.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina - I have restored several backups and it still keeps crashing. Last one created many invalid entries in the reminders. Tried to delete them but there were over 1000 of them.

• Paul Gilbert
    Paul Gilbert Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken file is normally kept on Google Drive, sync'd to my Explorer file folder. When the program upgrade was complete, I copied the file to my desktop as I was trying to get v55.15 to work. It kept crashing when on my C: desktop. For the program update, I did the automatic update. I didn't use the manual patch as I was not familiar with that, nor could I find instructions on Quicken. Thanks for the link.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

@Paul Gilbert,

If you normally keep your file on Google Drive, that may be a contributing factor to this issue. We recommend keeping your main Quicken file on your local hard drive (see this article for more information on why). If possible, please try keeping your file on your local hard drive and test to see if that prevents this issue from coming back next time the program updates. If you periodically need to access the file from a different device, this article may help; it provides instructions on moving your data file to a new computer. Another option for accessing your file from multiple devices is syncing your file with the Quicken Cloud and using Quicken on the Web to access the file from the other devices.

@xpmurph48,

I'm sorry to hear the issue is persisting even when restoring recent backups. If you haven't done so since the issue started, please try restarting your computer. If the issue persists after that, then to check for possible program issues, please reinstall the most recent update patch. To do that, please follow the instructions in this article on manually installing the update patch.

Quicken Kristina

• Combatcop190
    Combatcop190 Member
    Options

This is still an issue. Tried the validate, super validate, and backup. Quicken still freezes when trying to connect the server during one step update whether syncing to the cloud or trying to update an individual account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Combatcop190,

To troubleshoot this, please try restarting your computer (if you haven't already done so since the issue started). If the issue persists after that, then to check for possible program issues, please reinstall the most recent update patch. To do that, please follow the instructions in this article on manually installing the update patch.

Quicken Kristina

• xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options

To finally solve my issue:

1. uninstall Quicken
    2. Remove Quicken folder in Program Files
    3. Install Quicken
    4. Restore backup
    5. Super Validate File
    6. Then delete 100-1000s random reminders

Now it is working smoothly. Lesson learned, backup often and right before a monthly upgrade.

• ScotProf
    ScotProf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

R55.15 OSU has worked fine for me, until this morning, when it hung every time (had to close Quicken using the task manager). However, after several fruitless attempts to use OSU, and closing / re-opening the program, I stumbled upon a simple resolution. After opening Quicken, and before trying the OSU, I went to the Mobile & Web tab, and turned off mobile / web sync. I didn't even have to restart Quicken - OSU worked perfectly. I ran OSU several times, and after closing / re-opening the program - no further issues.

Then, just to confirm, I then opened Quicken, went to the Mobile & Web tab, and re-activated sync. Then, I tried to run a sync (not OSU) - the program hung. Closed using TM, re-opened, and looked at the Mobile & Web sync status. It indicated that the previous sync had been completed. But when I ran an OSU, the program hung again. So, once again, I closed Quicken using TM, and re-opened. De-activated Mobile and Web sync again, and OSU runs smoothly. So, at least for me, the issue appears to be related to the Mobile & web sync; if it's turned on, it runs during OSU, causing the hang. So, I'm leaving it off for now (I rarely use Quicken mobile or web), but I hope the developers check to see if this may be the cause (and, if so, fix it). Running Windows 11 Pro build 22631.3296.

• HDTVDinner
    HDTVDinner Member
    Options

Horribly slow