System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

One Step Update After Upgrade to R55.15

Comments

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

Can't update as well …. only 2 of my 15 or so accounts "will" update … the others all say, "CC-501 : Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken Server".

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Banditz71,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Are the 13 accounts giving you this error all with the same financial institution? Which financial institution(s) is affected by this issue?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, don't remember the exact day, but sometime last week …. and no, not all are at the same institution. Prior to today, it appeared just Discover and Chase were working …. however, today, they've stopped working … but my local bank worked and my Amazon card worked …. some that aren't working are Amex, B of A, Schwab, Macy's, Lowe's, JCP, Home Depot, Best Buy, Barclays … also, my Credit Union (DATCU) keeps asking to send a code (hadn't been doing that). Thanks!

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI - Decided to experiment a bit … I did the Reset Account on the Amex account … it came up saying it needed to be Authorized via their web site (don't remember the exact wording) … after going thru that, it appears to be working now. Guess I'll try this on the rest and see if all is resolved … will let you know.

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

OK…..I went thru each account one at a time and did a "Reset Account" …. this seems to have fixed the issue. Any idea what might have caused the need for this? Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

I'm glad to hear that resetting each of the problem accounts seems to have resolved the issue.

With the issue no longer happening, my ability to troubleshoot the cause is limited. Considering that the error code you reported was not reflecting in our internal tools and that the resolution was resetting the connections, I suspect something caused a file-specific issue where it needed to re-authenticate with the financial institutions in order to be able to download properly. If the issue started after the program updated, it's possible that caused the issue. If you have your Quicken file synced with a cloud service (such as OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), that can also cause file issues.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much!!

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, afraid the issue is back … nothing has changed, no updates have been done. Guess I'll go thru each acct. again and do Resets, but certainly don't want to have to do that every 4-5 days. Any ideas on how/why this issue returned? Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Considering that this is affecting accounts with multiple financial institutions, there are a couple possibilities.

It could be that your file is out of sync with the Quicken servers. To sync your file with the Quicken servers, log out of your Quicken, then back in again. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, then click the blue Sign in as a different user link.

In the confirmation pop-up, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.

Quicken will log you out. Once it finishes, it will bring you back to a login screen. Log in with your Quicken ID and password, then test to see if the issue is resolved.

The other possible cause of this would be a file specific issue. To troubleshoot that, I suggest you start by validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

The first solution "appears" to have fixed it ( I had already tried the other method a few days ago … I saw it posted on someone else's thread … that didn't work ) …. I'll have to let a day or more go by before I say "for sure" ;-) …. I meant to post this this morning, but didn't have time … anyway, I Reset them all yesterday evening … but when doing an Update this morning, it was already failing again …. so that's why I say I'll have to give it a bit of time before I "officially" declare it fixed. :-) Thank you!!

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, it lasted about a week … but the issue is back. Guess I'll do the Log-out / Log-in trick again…….. :-/

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

If the Log-in/Log-out doesn't correct it, or the issue keeps coming back, please let me know so we can troubleshoot the issue further.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your response! I did the Log-out/Log-in again yesterday and it "did" fix the issue …. but now, to see how long it lasts … I'll let you know. Thanks again!

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm back again … it only lasted 2 days this time … I just did it again (don't expect anything different to happen) and I'll let you know how long it lasts this time …. obviously, if the issue returns "again", there's "something" going on. 😕 Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Sorry to hear that the issue came back again,

If you wish to troubleshoot further, please let me know!

Quicken Kristina

• Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, thanks! Let me see how long it lasts this time and I'll get back with you………