How to get Net pay instead of gross value in Bills and Reminders?

Options

Hi,

After resent Quicken updates all my paycheck reminders show Gross values instead of expected Net, or what should be deposited to my Checking account.

This is very confusing.

How to set it back to show expected Net value?

Thanks

Best Regards
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Normally a paycheck starts with your gross pay and this is reduced by various withholding amounts - taxes, insurance, 401(k) contribution, etc. The net pay is what gets deposited in your checking account register.

Are past paycheck transactions that are already entered in your register showing the gross pay rather than net, or is it future reminders?

If you edit the paycheck reminder, have all the deductions been zeroed out?

QWin Premier subscription
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, all deductions and taxes are un the reminder with correct small resulting net checking pay.

It's just shown with large gross value, instead of small net.

Best Regards
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

I think I get it now - the reminder as shown on the Bills & Income tab is showing the gross amount of your paycheck, not the net amount.

I don't see that when I set up a Paycheck. I wonder if your Paycheck reminder was somehow converted to a "net pay" paycheck but is still using the gross amount.

You could try setting up the paycheck in a test file and seeing what it shows.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW in the Projected Balances it's shown correctly as the Net / Checking transfer

It's just something strange has happened for past month after so many Quicken upgrades that shows Gross in the Reminders

Best Regards
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone else has this issue?

How to fix this?

The current Bill value is so misleading.

Best Regards
This discussion has been closed.