Lock an account.

Options
TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 25 in Product Enhancements

I have accounts that I no longer use that I still want the ability to make changes later in Payee, Category, or Tags without closing the account. Is it possible to come up with the ability to "Lock the account so NOTHING can be changed, modified, added or deleted? That would be great to not have to worry about losing transaction by some kind of accident. The ability to "Unlock" could be used if changes need to be made to the account register. Be able to turn each account into "LOCK" mode by toggling

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Quicken for Windows, there isn't anything specific to protect transactions in selected accounts, but you could use the Password to modify existing Transactions feature. It's available from the File Menu by clicking Set Password to modify transactions for the entire file.

Select a date to protect all existing transactions dated on or before the specified date, e.g., 12/31/2022

Click the blue question mark button to read more details about this feature.

Personally, I would use a simple to remember password, like "q" or "x". You just want a stumbling block, for Quicken to give you a popup warning for each / any old transaction being changed.