Edward Jones transaction download issues

Options
mchoff
mchoff Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I have the same issue as this user from 2022: “Edward Jones in adding ** in front of all securities downloaded transactions. Quicken does not recognize them other than a withdraw or deposit.”

I have been working with both Edward Jones and Quicken on this issue for months. There have been multiple support calls. At first Quicken blamed Edward Jones, and Edward Jones blamed Quicken which seems to be a common theme in reading other Quicken/Edward Jones posts. In the last support call on 3/21/24, Quicken admitted the error was on their side. The tech said he has been working there for 6 years and had never seen this issue before, however, it had been reported on the Quicken forum in 2022 – this is not a new issue. When we passed the 3 hour mark for the call, I asked if I could be called back when anything else was needed from me, and I was told ‘of course’. We confirmed my phone number. I hung up. A short time later I received an email from Quicken support:

Unfortunately, we are unable to call you back as per our high demand over the phone.

We require you to call us back at your earliest convenience.

The notes in the ticket are updated and complete, the agent that picks up the phone will be taking over where we left off and continue with the escalation process.

I felt that I had been blown off by Quicken Support who had no idea why this was happening and were happy to see me go away. I had to wait a few days for new Edward Jones downloads in order to prepare a detailed PDF document with screenshots but was unable to upload it through Quicken as Quicken only accepts text files. I pasted the information into an email and sent it to Quicken Support on 3/26/24 and got a reply that the ticket had been closed. If I call back again, I will get a new tech and have to go through all this again for the fourth time. I am very disappointed in Quicken's handling of this issue. After all the time I have spent on the phone with Quicken, I am better off just downloading the transactions manually from the Edward Jones site and entering them manually which is what I've been doing for the last year.

Comments

• mchoff
    mchoff Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options

4/16/2024 update. Turns out the problem is that the rules for passwords are not the same on the Edward Jones web site compared to their OFX (Quicken) backend. Credentials that work on the web site may not work through Quicken Direct Connect. When creating my account at Edward Jones, I accepted the strong password that was suggested and although it worked fine on their web site, it did not work with Direct Connect to Edward Jones so I was unable to change from Web Express to Direct Connect method, which is what Edward Jones requires. Edward Jones is fixing their documentation to make sure that they specify to select Direct Connect when attaching accounts from Quicken, as Web Express is the default. I hope that they will also fix the password rules so that they are consistent so that no one else has to go through this.

• Jodi04
    Jodi04 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been getting the same issues when calling Quicken regarding my account balances being way out of whack! On and off the phone and spending hours and days trying to troubleshoot with their suggestions. Quicken doesn't seem to want to get this problem resolved! I've even tried adding one of my accounts at EJ as a New Account. Balance is correct but then there are missing placeholders and but adding my existing account as a new account it only downloads 2 months of transactions! 2 months of transactions and 17 missing placeholders? There is obviously a HUGE issue here!

Quicken can't expect to charge their customers for software subscriptions when they can't provide a working product!! This is ridiculous!!

This discussion has been closed.