Flagstar Personal Banking vs 2FA authentication (edit)

Options

Flagstar Bank did a online service renovation to their website back in February. As of that time, my Flagstar accounts had to be reactivated within their system. Now Quicken will not download transactions unless an additional step of entering a code sent via text or email is entered. I use Quicken classic on both Windows and Mac and they both have the same issue. When logging directly iton the Flagstar site, it does not require this verification.

I have contacted Flagstar online support regarding this change in downloading. The response is that they have heard the same complaint from other Flagstar users, however since it works fine when logging in directly to their website (no additional verification needed) it is a Quicken issue. How can this be fixed? It is no longer usable as automated downloading.

Thank You

Tagged:

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now Quicken will not download transactions unless an additional step of entering a code sent via text or email is entered.

SO…. are you being sent the code for 2FA and it is not working ?
    - or is the dialog box requesting the code … but you were never sent any code ? -

What version ….. Help —> About Quicken

Which exact name are you using for your Quicken account ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello

Thank You for your response. Yes, a code it sent, yes it does work. The account was added from the Quicken drop down menu:

Flagstar Bank - New Login. It's the same name as was used for years prior to their site renovation.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I’m confused - so what’s not working ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Version QWin R55.15

What has changed now is the ability to update without always being asked for a code in order for Quicken to draw transactions from Flagstar.

To clarify I am using a desktop, I do not use mobile. Flagstar Accounts set up for Automatic updates will not download to Quicken without this additional step. I have several other financial institution accounts in Quicken that require 2FA, however Quicken has always recognized this particular device so a code is not requested, the downloads flow into Quicken seamlessly on the time scheduled, so all transactions are automatically up to date. Cannot find a way to make this work with Flagstar accounts.

This discussion has been closed.