Simple investing suddenly zeroed out my cash in two different accounts

Options
deliusfan
deliusfan Member ✭✭✭

Because of "reasons" I have two different accounts that either don't download the cash balances properly or cannot connect, so I have to go and update the cash balance (usually at the end of the month to make it easier).

On Monday, Quicken "decided" that both these accounts suddenly had $0 cash in both. I was able to force a change for Tuesday to match Monday (going into my Investment page and clicking on different dates), but when I try to affect the change for today, I get the very idiotic (and frankly, insulting to my intelligence) response "no adjustment required". It's still zero. For both of them. For today. Why, Quicken, why?

Is there a place I can find where some strange placeholder transaction on Monday did this? As I mentioned, one of them doesn't even web-connect, so why Monday was some strange cutoff day for cash, I can't figure it out. But it's an amount that's rather alarming to look at on my Net Worth so I can't just "let it go".

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can temporarily switch the accounts back to Complete investing mode to see what transactions are there. To do this, click on the gear at the top right of the account and select Edit account details.

QWin Premier subscription
  • deliusfan
    deliusfan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When I did figure out how to switch to complete investing, the error poof disappeared. Amazing. Both accounts magically fixed, no bogus transactions to delete. Guess I'll not use the simple investing anymore, it's not very intuitive, anyway.