Totally confused - Migrated 2009 to 2013 - Now asked to search for a file every time I open Quicken

Options
whattheheck?
whattheheck? Unconfirmed, Member

I have been with Quicken from the beginning. In 2009 I purchased quicken for the second time, and are their biggest fan. Unfortunately this week I had to have Windows reinstalled and now I am TOTALLY baffled at what I need to do to continue to use Quicken. I just did some type of 'conversion' so I think i have the 2013 program now, but every time I open Quicken, it mandates that I browse for a file.

How can I just open Quicken, enter my password, and have everything displayed without having to search for a file each time?

I'm happy to purchase the most recent version of Quicken if I need to but I want to make sure that it will indeed open ok like it used for for so many years.

Thank you

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go up to Help-About and see what version you have. When you are done and want to close Quicken do a Save As and save it to a Quicken folder under your Documents. That's where it should be. Oh, if the file name is long try saving it with a shorter name that is 8 characters or less.

How are you starting Quicken each time? What do you click on? You can put a shortcut icon to your data file on your Desktop and then click on that to open Quicken.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what does the bottom of your Quicken screen look like ….. when you select —→ FILE —→
    is your Quicken file listed as the #1 file ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.