Mileage Tracker-Is there any way to manually set defaults in the mileage tracker?

Options

99% of the time, my business name, purpose and vehicle used are the same, yet I have to click the dropdown and choose every time. I do my entries monthly and it would be so much quicker if I could set defaults in the tracker. Is this possible? Quicken Classic version R55.15 Windows 11 Enterprise.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried the Copy and Paste buttons at the bottom of the trip list? You can select an existing trip and copy it, then edit the details in the new copy. If you are entering data for 5 similar trips, you can enter the first one then do Alt-C to copy it and 4 Alt-Ps to past copies.

QWin Premier subscription
  • eregal
    eregal Member
    Options

Thank you Jim. That's a good thought. I just gave that a try. That method may save a bit of time. I'll try it next time I go in to enter 2 or 3 dozen trips. If I could just copy the business name, purpose and vehicle type, that would be a perfect solution!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might be able to make a "template" mileage entry with a date of 1/1 and zeros wherever it will allow them and copy that.

QWin Premier subscription