CC-929 When Adding Accounts After Reset

Options

Last January I noticed some accounts were not downloading and clearing manually added transactions. After I selected the reset option I started receiving a CC-929 error when attempting to readd the account. I followed the suggested procedure of signing out, waiting an hour, signing back in, and readd the account. I continued to receive the error and then spent a couple of hours on the phone with support. The ticket (107896110) was escalated. Over the next few weeks other accounts started to fail. The list is:

• Citizens Bank Credit Card
  • GM Financial Auto Loan
  • Advantage Aviator Credit Card
  • Health Equity HSA
  • Shop Your Way Master Card
  • My Best Buy Visa

I have some accounts that continue to work. I think this condition started on release R54.9. I'm currently on Windows Quicken release R55.15. I have run super validate and repair a few times.

Any other suggestions? I have quite a few report configurations and would like to avoid a re-install of the program. I'm not sure if it's a program, network, or file issue.

Thanks for looking.

Answers

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    Options

I forgot to mention I can sign into the accounts on their website so I know the account profile and password is correct.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@jjjleblanc a couple of comments

• The CC-929 error indicates a "lock out" due to too many unsuccessful online connection attempts (CC-503 errors) in Quicken.
    • Reinstalling Quicken does not affect your data file or custom reports.

Please take a look at this support article -

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-adding-accounts-cc-929

My suggestion would be to contact Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Please circle back if the errors persist or if Quicken Support was able to find a solution to your issue.

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi QuickenUserPSP, thanks for the suggestion. I've tried the process outlined in the support article a few times. Quicken support also went through the process for a couple of hours before escalating the ticket last January. I might have had a password issue after the first account stopped working. The rest of the accounts started to fail and it never gave a password message and went straight to the CC-929 message. Ihave ticket numbers 10789611,10791209, and 10791000. I stopped asking for ticket numbers after asking if the previous tickets were still open. I'll call this week and see if there is any progress.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jjjleblanc - after you call Quicken Support circle back with their response. Bottom line, there is a fix for your issue, but let's see what they say first.

• scott1996
    scott1996 Member ✭✭
    Options

same issue and getting worse.

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options

@QuickUserPSP @scott1996 I called support today. Most of the accounts previously showed CC-929 after refreshing now show CC-503. I called support and the first thing they did was ask me to refresh the cloud data. That didn't work. They asked me to confirm the username and password on one of the accounts I'm having problems with. The password worked on the account's website. I was then asked to update the account password on their website, exit quicken, reopen, and try to add the account again. We went to the sign in as a different user a few times, signed out, back in and tried again a few times. Eventually the ones we tried went back to CC-929. I was given a new ticket (109599930) and asked to call back in two hours.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jjjleblanc - thanks for the update. what you are experiencing is exactly what I did back in August of 2023. Let's wait and see if they come up with a solution. Please keep us up updated.

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP I called four hours after the earlier call today (4/3/2024). We decided to track down the highest priority which is the Citizens Bank CC account. The agent asked me to send logs through the Report a Problem option, try to add the account, and send another log. The error code was CC-929. The agent was escalating the issue and mentioned that future communication was to be through email. I'll post responses.

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    Options

I received the following response from support. I tried the suggested process on Citizens Bank CC and HealthEquity account. I received CC-503 errors while attempting to add both accounts. I let support know the results.

Hello,

We are following up on error CC-929. To finalize this solution, please sign out of your file.

Follow these steps for signing out.

Windows steps: While in Quicken go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user, you can then sign back in with the same Quicken ID.

Mac steps: While in Quicken, click on the “Quicken” menu located at the top left of your screen next to the Apple icon > Sign Out. Once signed out, you can sign back in using your Quicken ID.

If you are attempting to add or re-activate one or more accounts, please follow these instructions to ensure that you're entering the correct credentials:

1. Type your credentials (typically Username + Password) into a text app, like Notepad (Windows) or Text Edit (Mac). 

2. Visit your bank's website

3. Copy & Paste your username and password individually into the login fields of the Citizens Bank website. 

4. After confirming these work on the bank's website, go back to Quicken and Copy + Paste the credentials into the fields in Quicken. 

If the credentials continue to fail in Quicken after validating them on your bank's website, please do not continuously attempt to connect. If your single attempt results in an error, contact our support team by going to https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Thank you, 

Quicken Online Banking Escalations Team | Quicken 

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    Options

A quick update. Two weeks ago I had a two hour review with support. We tried the usual fix processes and then created a new file to see if adding the accounts was different with no luck. We restored a file from January to compare settings. The problem was escalated.

Every so often I try to re-add online services. This morning I was able to add 5 credit cards. Health Equity stills results in a cc-929 error. I don't know what changed. I did not receive a message from support or change anything I was doing.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jjjleblanc I wonder what event led to the fix? Maybe a connection fix was made, or enough time had passed so a "reset" occurred? But glad your accounts are connecting now.

I am not surprised that Health Equity is still not working. Users are reporting CC-501 errors for that FI. That would mean to me that a successful connection could not be established to provide a fix.

• jjjleblanc
    jjjleblanc Member ✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP, I'm following the many HealthEquity CC-501 errors people are reporting so I know I'm not the only one. It was strange that all the credit card accounts started working on the same day. Some of them started problems going back to January. Thanks for your help!