Annoying pop-ups/prompts when entering Transfers into register

Options
mjonis
mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows

R55.15

Build 27.1.55.15

The issue has always been present (for many years), more of a "is there a way to get it to stop?"

I have many reminders setup in the calendar for things like credit card payments due, etc.

The issue:

Let's say I go into the Quicken Register for Checking account, and enter a TXFER transaction to move some money into a Savings Account.

Doesn't matter which checking or which savings (you can duplicate this until the cows come home). After you enter the transaction, you'll get a series of prompts/pop-ups asking if this is the payment for say, American Express for April 5th. It will then continue (could be anywhere from 1-XX prompts depending on the date). Maybe this is the payment to Chase Bank? etc.

Very annoying to have to continue to click "no" anywhere from 1-15 times (I think that's the highest).

Is it because I don't usually put the Payee in the Transfer I'm manually entering?

Or is it because Quicken just assumes that the date is "around" the scheduled reminders and thus, it's going to ask me every possible payee for the next week and there's no way around it?

I'm sure Quicken is concerned for my financial well being (haha), but it gets a bit tedious/annoying. Thank you.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried the transfer with a payee? I use something like “Transfer to Cash” or “Transfer to Investing” and do not see the pop up you mentioned.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No I have not, but I will start trying that and see what happens.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.