Monthly Reminders Skip to the Wrong Month

Options
pspottswood
pspottswood Member ✭✭

When I skip a monthly reminder, it skips beyond 1 month. For example: Skipping a March reminder causes it to skip to May when it should have skipped to April. This has been happening over the last 30 days and is totally throwing my budget and cash flow off. This is in the latest version of Quicken for Windows.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @pspottswood,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. What interval is set for the reminders that are skipping further ahead than they should? Is this happening with all of your reminders, or only some?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    Options

The reminders are set at a monthly interval. It is happening to some of the reminders that are being skipped.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you would, please be a little more specific and give us an example or two of a reminder that's skipping ahead:

What's the Due Date definition? e.g., Monthly on the [1…31] day, first day, last day, etc.
    What's the number of days specified in the reminder: it is set to remind you [xx] days before due date … what number [xx] did you specify? Or is the reminder set to Auto Enter [xx] days before?

• pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    Options

I will probably need to wait until the end of this month to capture this information since that is the time when I generally need to skip reminders. However, most of the reminders that I end of skipping are set for the 1st of the month. If they are not used by the end of the month, then I skip them and them. They are set to monthly and set to remind me 3 days before the due date. None of them are Auto Enter.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have reminders that are expected to also arrive as downloaded transactions from a bank or credit card, IMHO it's best to record these reminders on or before their Due Date and BEFORE you download transactions from the bank containing the transactions. That eliminates the need of skipping them and you have correctly named and categorized transactions in your register. This is especially important for transfer reminders and paycheck reminders, to ensure proper recording.

If one of your reminders misbehaves while skipping it, try deleting and redefining the reminder, especially if it has been in existence for many years. There appear to have been some changes made by the programmers which cause problems and compatibility issues in old reminders.

• pspottswood
    pspottswood Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. That is all good information, and I am following most of it - particularly the transfer reminders. Seems recently that Quicken may be trying to do them better.

This discussion has been closed.