Are Contributions to Spending Goals Supposed to Show Up on the Income and Expanse Widget?

Options

I was looking at my March spending on the widget and it was far higher than it should have been (by tens of thousands of dollars). Clicking into it and showing the underlying report did not show where this spending was coming from and I assumed this was a bug.

I then remembered I had made a bunch of goals in March and made contributions. I specifically clicked "exclude from account register and reports" so was not expecting to see this as "spending" anywhere, but it seems the widget on the "Home" screen picks it up regardless. Is this by design, or is it an oversight?

There are a lot of inconsistencies actually on the home page actually. Top payees include transfers, top categories do not. Even different months seem to draw the charts differently to others. Should I be relying on these widgets for anything important?

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't imagine WHY "Savings Goals" would be included on an Income/Expense report. They aren't expenses. The money is still in your banking account … just hidden so that you don't spend it again.

But when you reconcile the account, they're made visible.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP