Investing Account - How to create a report shown deposits

Options

How can I create a report to display only deposits from the investing account? I see transactions labeled "deposit" under the "Action" column, but I cannot find how to generate a report.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm a bit confused by your terminology. Do you mean transfers into a bank account that originate in an investing account?

If so, why can't you run a report using the bank account(s) as the basis and customizing it to show these transactions?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Photohex
    Photohex Member
    Options

The report was somewhat helpful. It included all transactions because there was no option to filter for "deposit." I can get the data into Excel to create my own report. However, I did notice that the report shows a blank for the transaction line that shows "deposit" in the register😞.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just created the report that I described, using an Investment account as the "category" for the banking transaction.

Worked exactly as I expected, with only the "transfers" between the accounts shown. Is there some other "deposit" from investment to banking that you're talking about?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP