Attachment unable to be viewed

Options
cbhenry
cbhenry Member ✭✭

Recently the last few months, I have experienced problems viewing pdf files attached to transactions. This is something new and have not had this problem in the past.

1. What happens is I attach a file by clicking the paperclip icon in the transaction. The attachment viewer opens and from the "Add" menu I select "Add File". I select the file and upon completion close the viewer by selecting done.
  2. When I attempt to view the attachment, I again click on the paper clip icon. The viewer opens and there is no visible attachment although the icon indicates otherwise.
  3. I have also attempted to view the attachment by selecting the gear and then selecting "Attachment." The viewer opens and again, the attachment is not visible.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

I am rinning Windows 11 Version 23H2 Build 22631.3374 and Quicken Classic Business & Personal Version R55.26 and Build 27.1.55.26

Comments

• LexiJane
    LexiJane Member
    Options

I also cannot view an attachment after downloading Version R55.26. I can scan and add an attachment, but it no longer allows me to view. I am running Windows 7.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @LexiJane and @cbhenry,

When did this issue start? If possible, try restoring a backup from before the issue started and test to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

@LexiJane,

Quicken no longer supports Windows 7 (see system requirements here). That may also be contributing to the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LexiJane
    LexiJane Member
    Options

Hi, When I purchased my copy of Quicken it stated that Windows 7 is supported. I was told that some of the options wouldn't work and I'm fine with that. I will reinstall the Quicken, then disconnect from the internet. I'm really disappointed that Quicken sold me the software, and then discontinued the support.