Converting QMac 2007 to QWin ?

Options
LloydFG
LloydFG Member

My iMac is old and updated as far as it was able to be update. My Quicken is version 2007 which is no longer supported. I was advised to sign out, which I did and cannot sign back in. I need to convert my Mac Quicken data file to Windows 11 without using Mac Quicken. Can someone help?

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have any friends who own more modern Macs that you could use to run Quicken Mac long enough to update your file to a more recent version that could then be converted to Quicken Windows?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you don't have a working copy of 2007 on a working Mac, then you won't be able to attempt converting anything.

That said, even if you did and could, I would still have suggested starting from scratch with Quicken Windows on your Win 11 machine: Back when 2007 was new (and running on equally new Macs & PCs of that era), the Mac—>PC Quicken conversions were always problematic and had a low success rate. Date issues and lost transx were the big offenders from what I remember.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have any friends who own more modern Macs that you could use to run Quicken Mac long enough to update your file to a more recent version that could then be converted to Quicken Windows?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• LloydFG
    LloydFG Member
    Options

From my research so far, both of these community feedbacks are right on the money. I've got notes out to 2 other networks looking for someone who might have a Mac Quicken. Many thanks for the prompt reply.