Under the Check # column (Q Mac)

Options

Can there be a way in the popup to say: DEPOSIT - AUTO DEPOSIT - EFT - ON LINE - INTEREST - ZELL - PAY PAL etc.

So we can click on the way we paid or received funds.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can type those things in the Check # column, but there's no way for you to customize the drop down list.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Captain Sonny
    Captain Sonny Member
    Options

I have done the type in for years. I was just hoping for an easy way out! Thanks!

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This is a really good use for the Action column (and that's how I use it). When you make an entry in the Action column, it is recorded in the Action list (menu Window > Actions). Then when you type the first character of an action in that column, you'll get a popup of actions that start with that character. You can then select one with the cursor, use the up/down arrow keys, or type another character or two until only one action remains in the popup. Having these in the Actions list means you can edit the name of an action and that edit will be reflected everywhere, and you can manually add or remove actions from the list. None of this is possible if you put the info in the Check# field. You can put the Action column right next to the Check# column in the register so it's close to where you're expecting to see that info.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Captain Sonny
    Captain Sonny Member
    Options

That just might be the answer. THANK YOU!