Lost update credentials and pending transactoins quit working after one day

Options
paulbdiver
paulbdiver Member ✭✭

Last week Quicken lost my login credentials for my checking account. When I added them bank, it downloaded 4 years of transactionsn and complete wrecked my current balances, transfers, and everything. I had to force a new calulcated starting balance for the year, just to be able to get an accurate balance. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Then, the latest update proclaimed that pending transactions were being added. This was tried a couple of years ago, blew up, and was removed. Well… it worked fine… for one day. Now it's not doing anything. I bank at Chace. Any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @paulbdiver,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Could you clarify what you mean by Quicken lost your login credentials? Did you receive any error messages/codes? Was this with Chase? If not, which financial institution were the missing credentials for?

When you say the pending transactions worked fine for a day and now doesn't do anything, could you clarify? Are there pending transactions that should be showing, but aren't? Are transactions that were pending now posted, but not reflecting as such in Quicken?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• paulbdiver
    paulbdiver Member ✭✭
    Options

My Chase account simply disappeard from Automatic Update. When I went to the account in Quicken, there were no login-credentials. I added them, told it to link to existing accounts and it re-downloaded transactions from all the way back to like 2018. No error messages. Just a mess to clean up. Absolutely rediculous. Quicken regulary recategories transactions and I have to clean those up to. I have a mortgage loan set up correctly in quicken with memorized split transactions. It's worked fine for 2 years and then I noticed my principle balance wasn't going down each month. Turns out Quicken just decided to start recatorized my mortage company payee, which has never changed, to Rent. Other categories are constantly being changed.

Yes, there are pending tranactions that should be showing up. How else would I know that it wasn't working? Just as i said, it worked for a day. After the update, a handful of pending transactions showed up. They posted, and were no longer pending. Hoever new pending transactions are not showing. I just did an update and nothing is showing as pending, howerver there are 7 pending transactions at Chase. I've toggled this off and on with no change.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The account shouldn't disconnect on it's own like that. Was there anything that happened just before the account vanished from automatic update (any error messages, prompts to authorize/reauthorize, adding another account with Chase, etc.)?

For the categories changing issue, please provide a bit more information. Are categories changing only on newly downloaded transactions, or is this happening with transactions that were already in your register also? If you haven't already done so, I recommend going to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions and make sure that "Automatically categorize transactions" is turned off. You may also want to check Renaming Rules, since if you have that feature turned on, that could be another thing that could be changing categories.

For the pending transactions issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly since they have access to tools we on the Community can't access and they're able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• paulbdiver
    paulbdiver Member ✭✭
    Options

I appreciate your input, but Quicken Support has never responded to any support request.

• paulbdiver
    paulbdiver Member ✭✭
    Options

Viola… this morning, 11 trasactions with Pending dates covering 3 days suddently appeared!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the pending transactions are now coming in.

Are the other issues persisting still?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina