Reset reconciliation start date

Options

I started a new account in Quicken in March 2023 and it balanced to the bank at that time. Somewhere between then and now Quicken was not getting all the transactions due to a hiccup with the webconnect process and (fortunately) the bank had more money than Quicken. I want to reset the reconciliation start date back to the first transaction date in March of 2023.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There isn't actually a "reconcile start date" in Quicken Windows. It reports the last reconcile date, but that is just for the user, it isn't used in the reconcile.

The way Quicken comes up with the "Cleared Balance" as shown here, is by adding up all the reconciled transactions in the register plus the cleared transactions up to the online/statement balance date.

To "reverse" the reconcile what you need to do is change the transactions with the Clr/R to c.

Select the first transaction that you want to change, and then hold down the shift key and select the last transaction you want to change. And then right click on one of the transactions and select Reconcile Status → Cleared. Now you should be able to reconcile with it starting at that first cleared transaction.

Note before you do anything check to make sure the first transaction the "Opening Balance" one is correct. There is a bug in Quicken that sometimes changes it when it shouldn't and that can throw everything off. But yes, recently there has been a bug where some transactions aren't being downloaded with Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect +.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/