Keeps losing transactions

Options

I'm a new Quicken Classic user. Migrated from MS Money. I keep having problems with missing transactions. Just opening the Quicken file will mean some old reconciled transactions are missing. I reenter these and next time some of the same ones are missing again. This is very frustrating as I've never had an issue with MS Money EVER missing an entered transaction.

I see other users have reported similar issues and this needs to be addressed. This has nothing to do with the syncing. Just closing and opening the file will lose transactions.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You're posting in a Quicken Mac section of the forum but your profile says you're using Quicken Windows. Which one are you having a problem with?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While you are answering questions, do you have QMobile/QWeb setup to sync the account that is losing transactions?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• delphistuff
    delphistuff Member
    Options

Sorry, it is for Quicken Windows. Yes, I do have web sync setup. I think I eliminated the web sync as I was sure I was not telling anything to sync. I just close Quicken and don't let it sync. I open it back up and do not do any syncing. Magically several of my account balances change. The items that do change are linked to reoccuring bills, so maybe it's somehow related to that. Either way it's a bug as you should never lose transactions.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To make sure that QMobile/QWeb and the Quicken Clourd Account (used by the first two) is turned off, go to Edit→Preferences→Mobile&Web and make sure it is turned off.

QMobile/QWeb work great for some folks and for others it messes up their files. I don't know of any one of the supersusers on this forum that uses it other than for testing with a test data file, never their "good" file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list